Holborn Scholars Foundation Scholarship Program
Applications will be accepted until April 51st, 2022 3:00 pm CT or until 5,000 applications are submitted, whichever comes first.
Welcome to the Holborn Scholars Foundation Scholarship Program application. This program honors Africa's foremost young leaders who demonstrate the leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship.
This program is administered by the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship, tuition assistance and other education support programs for corporations, foundations, associations, and individuals. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability, or national origin.
- Being a citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country - This includes Africans who are refugees or displaced. This scholarship is not intended for citizens of North African countries.
- Having Academic Talent - All prospective Scholars must first be admitted to a degree program in Canada to be considered for the Scholarship. An important criteria for admission to the University is demonstrated academic excellence.
- Demonstrating Leadership Potential - The Program seeks those committed to developing the skills and mindsets associated with transformative leadership, i.e, that which engages others in an ethical manner to generate positive and lasting change.
- Coming from a socio-economically disadvantaged background - This Scholarship is designed for those extremely talented individuals who might not otherwise have access to quality further education.
Having demonstrated the commitment to give back to your community, country, or continent - We are looking for well-rounded students who are engaged in activities beyond the classroom. Some may be directly related to your field of study, but this may also include other issues (social, economic, political) that you are working on and passionate about.
- Applicants should elaborate on their achievements on the Scholarship application.
- Having expressed the desire and intention to return to your home country after completing your studies - We are looking for students who are engaged with and passionate about issues affecting their communities, and who will take advantage of their education in Canada to better equip themselves with the knowledge and training to address these issues upon return. While important work can be done from abroad, the intention of this Program is to enable Scholars to return home, after forming valuable professional connections through an internship, Academic Training and job placements.